Kate Spade & Company Assistant Designer - Print in New York, New York
Crisp color, graphic prints and playful sophistication are the hallmarks of kate spade new york. From handbags to clothing and d é cor, our exuberant approach to the everyday encourages personal style with a dash of incandescent charm. We call it living colorfully.
As a member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive.
- Work in partnership with the Print and Color team
- Assist Designers to create prints into approved seasonal concepts, colors and line plans for all categories
- Assist in creation of technical packages of artwork to send to factories
- Assist in creation of palettes each season for licensee categories
- Understand the brand and how to translate into print and color
- Be able to visualize and see how a print or artwork becomes translated into a product- especially when placing or scaling of artwork
- Ensure assigned print work is presentable for key meetings and mill-ready for submission by calendar targets.
- Assist with preparation for design meetings
- Support team members where needed and requested
- Bachelors degree in a related field
- Minimum 1-2 years experience designing textiles
- Experience in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Past experience working with fabrics and prints, and setting up artwork to be factory ready (must be proficient in putting artwork into repeat and re-touching artwork)
- Organized and detailed oriented, ability to multi-task
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and build strong interpersonal relationships
kate spade new yorkis an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit kate spade new york at
Job ID 25956
Category Design - CAD